November 2020 to January 2021
- Warmer than usual temperature conditions likely to be recorded over Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Sudan, northern and north-western South Sudan, western Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and eastern and western Tanzania.
- Average temperatures likely to be recorded over eastern South Sudan, eastern Uganda, and central and southern Tanzania.
A drier than usual season continues to pose risks to livelihoods.
- Drier than usual conditions likely to be recorded over Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya, Somalia, and much of Ethiopia.
- Average conditions likely to be recorded over much of south-eastern Ethiopia, central and western South Sudan, and part of southern Tanzania.
- Wetter than usual conditions likely to be recorded over parts of north-eastern Somalia, south-eastern Ethiopia, and southern South Sudan.
Note: Much of South Sudan, Sudan, Eritrea, and Djibouti are generally dry during this period.