02 - 09 August 2022
Rainfall forecast (anomalies)
Temperature forecast (Anomalies)
- Warmer than average temperatures expected over parts of northern Sudan, western Ethiopia, western South Sudan, western Kenya, southern to central Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and most parts of Tanzania.
- Near-average temperatures expected over central and north-eastern parts of South Sudan, southern and some northern parts of Sudan, most parts of Somalia, eastern Kenya, and coastal Tanzania.
- Colder than average temperatures predicted over coastal parts of Somalia, and isolated areas in southern Ethiopia, central Sudan, and eastern South Sudan.
- Wetter than average conditions expected over the central regions of Sudan, most parts of Eritrea, north-eastern Ethiopia, southern and eastern South Sudan, northern Uganda, and parts of western Kenya.
- Drier than average conditions predicted over parts of western Ethiopia, western South Sudan, parts of southern Sudan, and parts of central Uganda.
- Extremely heavy (top 1%) rainfall expected over central parts of Sudan, north-western Eritrea, and north-eastern Ethiopia.
- Heavy to very heavy (top 10-5%) rainfall expected over parts of southern and western Sudan, north-western Eritrea, and central to northern Ethiopia.
- Hot conditions with temperatures above 32 ℃ expected over northern Sudan, Afar region in Ethiopia, Djibouti, coastal Eritrea, and coastal Somalia.
- Moderate temperatures between 20 - 32 ℃ expected over southern to central parts of Sudan, South Sudan, north-western Eritrea, Somalia, south-eastern and north-eastern Ethiopia, northern and eastern Kenya, much of Uganda, and parts of south-eastern and north-western Tanzania.
- Cold conditions with temperatures less than 20℃ expected in central Ethiopia, southern Uganda, south-western to central Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and central parts of Tanzania.
- Heavy rainfall (above 200mm) predicted over isolated parts of south-western and south-eastern Sudan, and north-western Eritrea
- Moderate rainfall (50-200mm) expected over southern to central Sudan, South Sudan, central and northern Ethiopia, northern Eritrea, northern Uganda, and western Kenya.
- Light rainfall (less than 50 mm) expected over parts of eastern and southern Tanzania, coastal and central Kenya, southern Uganda, southern Somalia, coastal parts of Eritrea, central to northern Sudan, and south-eastern Ethiopia.
- Dry conditions expected over central to western Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, northern and eastern Kenya, central to northern Somalia, and southern Ethiopia.