22 - 29 November 2022
Rainfall forecast (anomalies)
Temperature forecast (Anomalies)
- Warmer than usual temperatures expected in Eritrea, Djibouti, central to northern Somalia, Ethiopia, southern and eastern Sudan, most parts of South Suda, western Kenya, and most parts of Tanzania.
- Cooler than usual temperatures predicted over parts of central and north-western Sudan, eastern Kenya, and south eastern South Sudan.
- Wetter than usual conditions expected over parts of southern South Sudan, southern Ethiopia, southern Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, most parts of Burundi, and north-western Tanzania.
- Drier than usual conditions forecast over isolated parts of eastern Kenya, and most parts of Tanzania.
- Heavy to very heavy (top 10-5%) rainfall is expected in several parts of the region including north-eastern and southern Somalia, south-eastern Ethiopia, northern and south-western Kenya, central Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and northern Somalia.
- Moderate temperatures between 20 - 32 ℃ expected over southern & eastern Sudan, Djibouti, South Sudan, central to northern Uganda, northern and eastern Kenya and most parts of Tanzania, Somalia and Eritrea.
- Cold conditions (less than 20℃) expected in parts of north-western Sudan, southern to northern Ethiopia, southern Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, central to western Kenya, and a few places in northern Somalia.
- Moderate rainfall (50-200mm) expected over Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, western Tanzania, south-western Kenya, southern Ethiopia, and southern and north-eastern Somalia.
- Light rainfall (less than 50 mm) expected over parts of South Sudan, southern Ethiopia, central to northern Somalia, eastern and northern Kenya, and central to eastern Tanzania.
- Dry conditions expected over most parts of Sudan, northern South Sudan, Djibouti, central to northern Ethiopia, Eritrea, and north-western Somalia.