29 Sep - 06 Oct 2020
- High daily-mean temperatures above 32oC expected in parts of central Sudan and north-eastern Ethiopia.
- Moderate daily-mean temperatures between 20-32oC expected over much of Sudan, South Sudan, north-eastern and south-eastern Ethiopia, much of Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, eastern and north-western Kenya, central and northern Uganda, eastern Rwanda, eastern Burundi, and much of Tanzania.
- Low daily-mean temperatures below 20oC expected in central Ethiopia, western Kenya, southern Uganda, western Rwanda and Burundi, and parts of central Tanzania.
Very heavy rainfall (top 5% on record) to heavy (top 10% on record) expected in south-eastern Ethiopia and northern Somalia.
- Heavy rainfall above 200 mm is expected in localized areas in western, central and south-eastern Ethiopia.
- Moderate rainfall between 50-200 mm is expected in parts of western, central and south-eastern Ethiopia; northern and central Somalia, southern Sudan, northern and western South Sudan, central Uganda, parts of western Kenya, and central Rwanda.
- Light rainfall less than 50 mm is expected in central to southern Sudan, northern Ethiopia, much of Eritrea, Djibouti, southern Somalia, coastal and south-western Kenya, northern and southern Uganda, Burundi, and much of Tanzania.
- Dry conditions are expected in much of northern Sudan, northern Eritrea, south-eastern South Sudan, north-western and eastern Kenya, and parts of central and southern Tanzania.