RICCAMA Inception Workshop
The overall objective of the inception workshop is create awareness and publicity on the project to the various stakeholders in the region, identify potential partners and develop a road map with those partners. It will also be an opportunity to develop contacts with the member states and ownership of the priorities by the governments.
The specific objectives of the end of inception phase workshop are to:
- Build a common understanding of the project objectives and expected outcomes and implementation modalities among all project partners and stakeholders;
- Develop a road map of project coordination at national level including roles and expected benefits/needs of the mapped institutions;
- Review and update project M&E baseline data, information and targets
- Share experiences and information on existing projects, programmes at national or regional levels to ensure synergies and avoid overlapping of activities;
- Identify and expand the network of IGAD to new institutions.
The workshop participants will be drawn from the eight Member States (Djibouti, Eritea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda) where RICCAMA project is being implemented. Participants will be drawn from UNFCCC focal points in the respective countries, ministry of environment and line ministries, Green Climate Fund National Designated Focal Points, National Meteorology and Hydrology Services, private sector organizations, civil society organizations, academic institutions and representatives from key partner organizations. ICPAC staff and EU Delegation in Djibouti will provide technical support to the workshop.
For more information about the event, you can contact:
Dr. Philip Omondi
RICCAMA Project Manager
IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC)
P.O. Box 10304 - 00100 - Nairobi,Kenya
Tel: +254 720701880, Email: email@example.com
Elmi DJAMA ALI
Chargé d'Aide et de Coopération Internationale Section Coopération
Délégation de l'Union Européenne à Djibouti et auprès de l’IGAD
Quartier du Héron - République de Djibouti
Tel : (+253) 21 32 44 70 ext : 222, Email: Elmi.DJAMA-ALI@eeas.europa.eu