Inception Workshop for the Strengthening the Resilience of the IGAD region to the adverse Impacts of Climate Change through effective Adaptation and Mitigation Actions (RICCAMA) Project
Objective of the training
The overall objective of the inception workshop is launch the project and introduce it to the various stakeholders in the region, as well as identify potential partners and develop a road map with those partners. It will also be an opportunity to develop contacts with the member states and ownership of the priorities by the governments.
The specific objectives of the workshop are:
- To build a common understanding of the project objectives and expected outcomes and implementation modalities among all project partners and stakeholders;
- To develop a road map of project coordination at national level including roles and expected benefits/needs of the mapped institutions;
- To review and update project M&E baselines data, information and targets
- To share experiences and information on existing projects, programmes at national or regional levels to ensure synergies and avoid overlapping of activities;
- To identify and expand the network of IGAD to new institutions.
The workshop participants will be drawn from the eight Member States (Djibouti, Eritea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda), where the RICCAMA project is being implemented.
Participants are UNFCCC focal points in their respective countries, come mostly from Ministries of Environment and other line ministries, are Green Climate Fund National Designated Focal Points, National Meteorology and Hydrology Services, Private sector, Civil Society Organizations, Academic institutions and representatives from key partner Organizations.
For more information about the event, you can contact:
Dr. Philip Omondi
RICCAMA Project Manager
IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC)
P.O. Box 10304 - 00100 - Nairobi,Kenya
Tel: +254 720701880, Email: email@example.com