At ICPAC we use the Weather Research and Forecasting Model (WRF) to produce our forecasts in a resolution of 10 x 10 Km. Our weekly forecasts are very popular and help stakeholders prepare for extreme weather, and mitigate risks associated with floods, drought or heavy rainfall.
22-29 September 2020
- Very heavy rainfall (top 5% on record) is expected in parts of western Ethiopia, north-eastern Somalia, some pocket areas of north-western South Sudan, northern Uganda, and western Kenya.
- Heavy rainfall (top 10% on record) expected in central Sudan, localized areas of north-western and south-western South Sudan, western Ethiopia, in a few areas of northern Uganda, and western Kenya.
- High temperatures above 32o C are expected in northern and central Sudan, parts of north-eastern Ethiopia, Djibouti, and regions in north-western coast of Somalia.
- Moderate temperatures between 20-32o C are expected over southern, western and eastern Sudan; South Sudan, north-eastern and south-eastern Ethiopia, Somalia, much of Kenya, much of Uganda, eastern parts of Rwanda and Burundi, and much of Tanzania.
- Low temperatures below 20o C are expected over much of central, western, northern and few parts of eastern Ethiopia; parts of central to western Kenya, parts of southern Uganda, western parts of Rwanda and Burundi, and parts of north-eastern and south-western Tanzania.
- Heavy rainfall above 200 mm expected in parts of western Ethiopia and isolated areas in north-western South Sudan and western Kenya.
- Moderate rainfall, 50-200 mm expected in southern parts of Sudan, much of South Sudan, western and central Ethiopia, parts of north-eastern Somalia, much of Uganda, central and western Kenya, and most parts of Rwanda and Burundi.
- Light rainfall less than 50 mm is expected in central parts of Sudan, western Eritrea; parts of northern, southern and eastern Ethiopia; coastal parts of Djibouti, parts of south-eastern South Sudan, northern and Southern Somalia, north-western and south-eastern Kenya, few areas of north-eastern and western Uganda, and parts of north-western and eastern coast of Tanzania.
- Dry conditions are expected in parts of western, southern and central Tanzania; northern and north-eastern Kenya, central Somalia, parts of south-eastern and north-eastern Ethiopia, eastern parts of Eritrea, Djibouti, and northern Sudan.
Filter by Product Type
Filter by Region
Filter by Year
Filter by Month
Showing 31 results
- Moderate temperatures between 20-280C expected over much of the country.
- Low temperatures below 200C expected over small area in southern part of Eastern Equatoria state.
- Very heavy rainfall (top 5% on record) expected in Bahr el Ghazal and small pockets over the Equatoria states.
- Heavy rainfall (top 10% on record) expected over localized areas of north-western, north-eastern, and south-western parts …
- Moderate rainfall between 50-200 mm is expected in very few areas in the north-eastern part of the country.
- Light rainfall less than 50 mm is expected over northern and southern parts of the country.
- Dry …
- Heavy rainfall above 200 mm expected over small areas in northern Bahr el Ghazal and western Equatoria state.
- Moderate rainfall between 50 -200 mm expected over much of the country.
- Light rainfall less than 50 …
- High temperatures above 320C are expected over the north-western coastal areas.
- Moderate temperatures between 20 -320C are expected over most parts of the country.
- Low temperatures below 200C expected …
Very heavy rainfall (top 5% on record) is expected in north-eastern parts of the country.
Heavy rainfall (top 10% on record) is expected in north-eastern and north-western parts of the country.