Temperature Forecast May 2021
- Warmer than usual conditions are expected over coastal Tanzania, much of Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, northern and eastern Sudan, much of South Sudan, and few areas in Rwanda and Burundi.
- Usual conditions are expected over north-western Kenya extending to adjacent areas of South Sudan, western Sudan, much of Uganda, eastern Rwanda, and areas in southern Tanzania.
- Cooler than usual conditions are expected over much of central Tanzania, eastern Uganda, small areas in southern South Sudan, and south-western Ethiopia.
Rainfall Forecast May 2021
Headline: Drier than usual conditions are expected over eastern Ethiopia, and northern Somalia.
- Wetter than usual conditions are expected over the Karamoja cluster, central Kenya, and around the Lake Victoria basin of Tanzania.
- Usual conditions are expected over central and northern Ethiopia, South Sudan, central Somalia, southern parts of Uganda, much of Rwanda and Burundi, and southern areas of Sudan.
- Drier than usual conditions are expected over much of eastern Ethiopia, central and north-western Somalia, and few places in western South Sudan.