11 - 18 Jan 2022
Rainfall forecast (anomalies)
Rainfall forecast (Total mm)
Temperature forecast (Anomalies)
- Warmer than average temperatures are expected in most areas of the region except parts of eastern Kenya and central Somalia where near average temperatures are forecasted.
- Negative rainfall anomalies (depressed rainfall) expected in most parts of Tanzania.
- Positive rainfall anomalies (enhanced rainfall) expected in isolated areas of southern Tanzania and southwestern South Sudan
- Moderate temperatures between 20 - 32 ℃ are expected in southern Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania; eastern and northern Kenya; much of central and southern Somalia, Djibouti; coastal and western Eritrea; and southern and north-eastern Ethiopia.
- Relatively cold conditions with temperatures less than 20℃ are expected over northern Sudan, parts of central Ethiopia and Eritrea, western regions of Rwanda and Burundi; central to western Kenya, northern Somalia, and a few areas in Tanzania and south-western Uganda.
- Moderate rainfall between 50 - 100 mm is expected in southern Tanzania with a few areas expected to receive up to 200 mm rainfall.
- Light rainfall of less than 30 mm is expected in central & northern Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, western Uganda, and a few areas along the Eastern Africa coastal strip.
- Dry conditions are expected in Sudan, much of South Sudan, most parts of Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, Kenya, and eastern Uganda.