20 - 27 September 2022
Rainfall forecast (anomalies)
Temperature forecast (Anomalies)
- Wetter than usual conditions expected over parts of northern and southern Somalia, north-western and eastern Ethiopia, southern Sudan, western South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, and western Kenya.
- Drier than usual conditions predicted over parts of eastern South Sudan, central to southern Ethiopia, and other isolated places in the GHA.
- Wetter than usual conditions expected over most parts of southern Sudan, northern Ethiopia, north-western Eritrea, and northern South Sudan.
- Drier than usual conditions predicted over parts of eastern Uganda, south-eastern South Sudan, southern Ethiopia, and central to northern Somalia.
- Heavy to very heavy (top 10-5%) rainfall expected over parts of northern Somalia, and south-eastern to western Ethiopia.
- Hot conditions (above 32 ℃) expected over central to eastern Sudan, parts of Khartoum, River Nile, and Red Sea states, and northern Afar in Ethiopia.
- Moderate temperatures (20 - 32 ℃) expected over most parts of Sudan, South Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia, eastern and northern Kenya, eastern Ethiopia, central to northern Uganda, and most parts of Tanzania.
- Cold conditions (less than 20℃) expected in central to southern Ethiopia, parts of central to western Kenya, western Rwanda and Burundi, parts of central Tanzania, and southern Uganda.
- Moderate rainfall (50-200mm) expected over western South Sudan, most parts of Uganda, central Ethiopia, and northern Somalia.
- Light rainfall (less than 50 mm) expected over southern Sudan, eastern South Sudan, Burundi, coastal Tanzania, central to western and eastern Kenya, central to southern Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, and parts of northern and southern Ethiopia.
- Dry conditions expected over northern Sudan, parts of northern and eastern Kenya, and most parts of Tanzania.