21 - 28 June 2022
Rainfall forecast (anomalies)
Temperature forecast (Anomalies)
- Warmer than average temperatures expected in most parts of the region except some areas of eastern South Sudan where cooler than average temperatures are expected.
- Wetter than average conditions expected over most parts of South Sudan, central to western Ethiopia, and central Kenya.
- Drier than average conditions predicted over parts of southern Sudan, north-western South Sudan, central Uganda, and western Kenya.
- Heavy to very heavy (top 10-5%) rainfall expected over eastern and western parts of South Sudan, western Ethiopia, south-eastern Sudan, and parts of central Kenya.
- Hot conditions (above 32 ℃) expected over central and eastern Sudan, Afar region in north-eastern Ethiopia, parts of Eritrea, Djibouti, and north western coastal Somalia.
- Moderate temperatures (20 - 32 ℃) expected over southern, western and coastal Sudan, South Sudan, central to northern Uganda, north-eastern and south-eastern Ethiopia, Somalia, northern and eastern Kenya, and parts of western and eastern Tanzania.
- Cold conditions (less than 20℃) expected in parts of central to southern Ethiopia, central to south western Kenya, southern Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and much of Tanzania.
- Heavy rainfall (above 200mm) predicted over parts of South Sudan and western Ethiopia.
- Moderate rainfall (50-200mm) expected over South Sudan, southern Sudan, western Ethiopia and parts of northern Uganda and western Kenya.
- Light rainfall (less than 50 mm) expected over central Sudan, north-western Eritrea, parts of eastern Ethiopia, Djibouti, northern, central and southern Somalia, much of Uganda, western, central and coastal Kenya, and coastal and southern Tanzania.
- Dry conditions expected over northern Sudan, north-eastern and south-eastern Ethiopia, north-eastern Somalia, northern and eastern Kenya, southern Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and central to western Tanzania.