24 - 31 January 2023
Rainfall forecast (anomalies)
Temperature forecast (Anomalies)
- Warmer than usual temperatures expected in most parts of the Greater Horn of Africa (GHA).
- Cooler than usual temperatures expected in south-eastern Kenya, southern Tanzania, and other isolated areas across the GHA.
- Wetter than usual conditions expected in parts of southern and northern Tanzania, Rwanda, and Burundi.
- Drier than usual conditions expected over parts of central Tanzania.
- Moderate temperatures (20 - 32 ℃) expected over most parts of southern Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, northern and eastern Kenya, southern to central Somalia, and parts of western, north-eastern, and southern Ethiopia.
- Cold conditions (less than 20℃) expected over northern Sudan, parts of central Eritrea, central Ethiopia, northern Somalia, central to western Kenya, western Rwanda, Burundi, and isolated parts of northern Somalia.
- Moderate rainfall (50-200mm) expected over southern to western Tanzania and most parts of Burundi and Rwanda.
- Light rainfall (less than 50 mm) expected over southern Uganda, south-western and coastal Kenya, eastern Tanzania, and coastal regions of Sudan, Eritrea, Djibouti, and Somalia.
- Dry conditions expected over most parts of Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, central Somalia, northern Kenya, and north-eastern Uganda.