At ICPAC we use the Weather Research and Forecasting Model (WRF) to produce our forecasts in a resolution of 10 x 10 Km. Our weekly forecasts are very popular and help stakeholders prepare for extreme weather, and mitigate risks associated with floods, drought or heavy rainfall.
22-29 September 2020
- Very heavy rainfall (top 5% on record) is expected in parts of western Ethiopia, north-eastern Somalia, some pocket areas of north-western South Sudan, northern Uganda, and western Kenya.
- Heavy rainfall (top 10% on record) expected in central Sudan, localized areas of north-western and south-western South Sudan, western Ethiopia, in a few areas of northern Uganda, and western Kenya.
- High temperatures above 32o C are expected in northern and central Sudan, parts of north-eastern Ethiopia, Djibouti, and regions in north-western coast of Somalia.
- Moderate temperatures between 20-32o C are expected over southern, western and eastern Sudan; South Sudan, north-eastern and south-eastern Ethiopia, Somalia, much of Kenya, much of Uganda, eastern parts of Rwanda and Burundi, and much of Tanzania.
- Low temperatures below 20o C are expected over much of central, western, northern and few parts of eastern Ethiopia; parts of central to western Kenya, parts of southern Uganda, western parts of Rwanda and Burundi, and parts of north-eastern and south-western Tanzania.
- Heavy rainfall above 200 mm expected in parts of western Ethiopia and isolated areas in north-western South Sudan and western Kenya.
- Moderate rainfall, 50-200 mm expected in southern parts of Sudan, much of South Sudan, western and central Ethiopia, parts of north-eastern Somalia, much of Uganda, central and western Kenya, and most parts of Rwanda and Burundi.
- Light rainfall less than 50 mm is expected in central parts of Sudan, western Eritrea; parts of northern, southern and eastern Ethiopia; coastal parts of Djibouti, parts of south-eastern South Sudan, northern and Southern Somalia, north-western and south-eastern Kenya, few areas of north-eastern and western Uganda, and parts of north-western and eastern coast of Tanzania.
- Dry conditions are expected in parts of western, southern and central Tanzania; northern and north-eastern Kenya, central Somalia, parts of south-eastern and north-eastern Ethiopia, eastern parts of Eritrea, Djibouti, and northern Sudan.
Filter by Product Type
Filter by Region
Filter by Year
Filter by Month
Showing 31 results
- High daily mean temperatures above 32oC are expected in northern Sudan, coastal Eritrea, parts of north-eastern Ethiopia, parts of Djibouti, and regions in north-western coast of Somalia.
- Moderate daily mean temperatures between 20-32 …
- Heavy rainfall above 200 mm expected in parts of western Ethiopia, south-western Sudan and north-western South Sudan.
- Moderate rainfall between 50-200 mm expected in western and central Ethiopia, western Eritrea, southern Sudan, much of South …
- Very heavy rainfall (top 5% on record) is expected in northern, southern and south-western Sudan; parts of north-western South Sudan; isolated regions of western, northern and eastern Ethiopia; western Eritrea, and northern Somalia.
- Heavy rainfall …
- Exceptionally heavy rainfall (top 1% on record) is expected in a few areas of north-western Ethiopia.
- Very heavy rainfall (top 5% on record) is expected in north-eastern and western Ethiopia, central and southern parts of …
- Heavy rainfall above 200 mm is expected in most parts of western Ethiopia and north-western South Sudan.
- Moderate rainfall between 50-200 mm is expected in southern Sudan, western and central Ethiopia, western Eritrea, parts of …
- High temperatures above 32℃ are expected in northern Sudan, coastal Eritrea, parts of north-eastern Ethiopia, parts of Djibouti, and regions in north-western coast of Somalia.
- Moderate temperature between 20-32℃ are expected over southern Sudan, South …