Institutional and Human Capacity Needs Assessment
The RICCAMA Project Technical Support Unit (PTSU) with the support of UNFCCC Focal points is conducting institutional and human capacity needs assessments across relevant national institutions in IGAD Member States against existing capacities to understand capacity assets and needs that can serve as input for formulating a capacity development response.
The response will address capacities that can be strengthened while optimizes existing capacities that are already strong and well-founded
- National climate change institutional and human capacity, needs and gaps
- Key institutions undertaking climate change adaptation and mitigation activities
- Country climate change adaptation and mitigation data and tools needs and gaps
- Status of the country's relevant Climate Change Portals or webpage
- Climate change-related projects in the country
- Country's Climate Change Budgetary Allocations
- A capacity-strengthening strategy which will support the dedicated capacity-building or training programmes
- Essential common areas among the institutions to build capacities for training, research, and innovation.
- Proposed capacity development measures to address the identified institutional needs and initiate appropriate capacity development interventions.