Seasonal Forecast for March, April, May (MAM) 2021
The Greater Horn of Africa Climate Outlook Forum (GHACOF 57), will virtually bring together climate scientists, researchers, users from key socio-economic sectors, governmental and non-governmental organizations, development partners, decision-makers, and civil society stakeholders among others.
The main Forum will be held through Zoom in one plenary meeting with presentations and discussion on the 17th of February.
Filter by Event Type
Filter by Year
Filter by Status
Showing 51 results
RLACC Participatory Scenario Planning
The objective of the workshop is to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders in enabling access to, collective interpretation and understanding of seasonal climate forecasts and associated uncertainty into locally relevant information that is useful for …
GHACOF 56: Climate Services amidst COVID-19 and Multiple Climatic Risks
- GHACOF 56 Sector group meetings: 25th Aug 2020 9am to 1:00 pm
- GHACOF 56 Plenary: 26 Aug 2020, 9 am - 26 Aug 2020, 1.30 pm
Seasonal Forecast for October to December (OND) 2020
Virtual Consultation on the Ongoing Disasters due to Floods
Objectives of the Consultation Meeting
- Update Member States on regional efforts
- Receiving updates from Member States on the current state of affairs including the effects of the current floods on lives and livelihoods, and ongoing …
Training on updating of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
All IGAD member states are signatory to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and have developed their Nationally Determined Contribution (NDCs), highlighting major interventions in support of climate adaptation and mitigation …
Intra ACP Stakeholder Prioritisation Workshop for Kenya
- To review each sector’s list of stakeholders with a view to adding new stakeholders complete with name & contact (email and phone number).
- To place each sectors’ stakeholders in each quadrant based on …
Webinar: Climate Change in Eastern Africa, Challenges and Opportunities
Climate variability and change are causing devastating socio-economic impacts in all parts of the world including eastern parts of Africa. Some of the key challenges associated with attempts to integrate climate variability and change in …